The 987MA Multipoise Variable-Speed Condensing Gas Furnace features the modulating EvolutionR System. The Perfect Heat® Technology modulating gas system is at the heart of the comfort provided by this furnace, along with the Perfect ECM™ full-featured variable-speed communicating blower motor, and variable-speed inducer motor. With an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) of up to 98.3%, the Evolution modulating gas furnace provides exceptional savings as well. This Evolution Gas Furnace also features 4-way multipoise installation flexibility, and is available in six model sizes. The 987MA can be vented for direct vent/two-pipe, ventilated combustion air. A Bryant Evolution Control and Evolution Air Conditioner or Heat Pump, can be used to form a complete Evolution System. All units meet California Air Quality Management District emission requirements.
- Evolution System; compatible with single - and multi-zone Evolution systems.
- Evolution Features-match with the Evolution Control for Evolution System benefits.
- All sizes meet ENERGY STAR® Version 4.0 criteria for gas furnaces: 95+AFUE; AMACF electrical rating; 2% or less cabinet airflow leakage.
- Quiet operation.
- Silicon Nitride Perfect Light™ Hot Surface Igniter.
- SmartEvap™ technology helps control humidity levels in the home when used with a compatible humidity control system.
- FanOn Plus™ technology allows control of continuous fan speed from a compatible thermostat.
- External Media Filter Cabinet included.
- 4-way multipoise design for upflow, downflow or horizontal installation with unique vent elbow and optional through-the-cabinet downflow venting capability.
- Full-featured variable-speed communicating blower motor, variable-speed inducer motor, and modulating gas valve.
- Aluminized-steel primary heat exchanger.
- Stainless-steel condensing secondary heat exchanger.
- Propane convertible (see Accessory list).
- Factory-configured ready for upflow applications.
- Fully-insulated casing including blower section.
- Convenient Air Purifier and Humidifier connections.
- Direct-vent/sealed combustion or ventilated combustion air.
- Installation flexibility: sidewall or vertical vent.
- Variable-Speed blower motor, variable-speed inducer motor, and modulating gas valve.
- Self-diagnostics and extended diagnostic data through the Advanced Product Monitor (APM) accessory or Evolution User Interface.
- Adjustable blower speed for cooling, continuous fan, and dehumidification.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Fully Modulating Gas Valve - When paired with the Evolution® control, this furnace improves comfort by adjusting heating output in 1% increments from 40% to 100% capacity to meet the heating needs of the home. Precision begins with a stepper motor to adjust manifold pressures. Stepper motors are used in electronic devices, such as computer disc drives, which require precise mechanical positioning. The precision of the stepper motor, combined with our unique two-point calibration, allows the modulating furnace to accurately control and directly deliver the right amount of gas to the burners every time.
- Perfect Humidity® Technology - The Perfect Humidity system actively controls both temperature and humidity in the home to provide the best comfort all year long. Other systems depend on heating or cooling demand to manage the moisture in the air. But, Perfect Humidity gives the homeowner the right amount of humidity day and night, even in mild weather. No other manufacturer can do this! Perfect Humidity saves energy, too. By keeping humidity under control, the homeowner can set their thermostat lower to stay comfortable and save energy.
- SmartEvap™ Technology - When paired with a compatible thermostat, this dehumidification feature overrides the cooling blower off-delay when there is a call for dehumidification. By deactivating the blower off-delay, SmartEvap technology prevents condensate that remains on the coil after a dehumidification cycle from re-humidifying throughout the home. This results in reduced humidity and a more comfortable indoor environment for the homeowner. Unlike competitive systems, SmartEvap technology only overrides the cooling when humidity control is needed. Once humidity is back in control, SmartEvap re-enables the energy-saving cooling blower off-delay.
- Fan On Plus™ Technology - Sometimes the constant fan setting on a standard furnace system can actually reduce homeowner comfort by providing too much or too little air! Fan On Plus technology improves comfort all year long by allowing the homeowner to select the continuous fan speed of their choice using a compatible thermostat.